- Participate in the design, development, evaluation, deployment, and updating of data-driven models for text-to-speech(TTS) and speech-to-text (ASR) applications, in addition to speech analysis models.
- Work closely on the product delivery roadmap, from development to production, in collaboration with other teams.
- Help the team to improve upon current methods and models.
- Have a practical mindset and the ability to bring these models into a production environment.
Qualifications and Requirements
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering, mathematics, computer science, computational linguistics, or any related STEM field with work experience of a minimum of 1 year.
- Proven experience in machine learning, speech processing, and NLP (e.g. Kaggle competitions or spare-time projects).
- Has built or has been working with an automatic speech recognition (ASR) toolkit such as Kaldi or DeepSpeech is considered a strong plus.
- Demonstrates an understanding of signal processing with application to speech and audio processing.
- Experienced with acoustic modeling and language modeling is a plus.
- Machine learning concepts knowledge (classification, regression) and algorithms like Linear Regression, Random forest, SVM
- Good knowledge in Data preprocessing like normalization and data cleansing
- Understand concepts of NLP like tokenization, word-embeddings.
- Understand Deep learning concepts like CNN, RNN, LSTM.
- Good knowledge of and experience with Python and/or C/C++.
- Working knowledge of TensorFlow, Keras, or PyTorch is preferred.
- Willing to dig deep and understand the difference between fundamental research and data-driven development.
- Ability to work independently with the ability to learn new technologies quickly and successfully implement them
- Working knowledge of Git is a must.
- Knowledge of JIRA or similar agile tools is a plus.
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment.
- Good written and spoken communication skills.
- Good R&D skills
Apply here or you can send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Data Scientist”.