Job Vacancy: Technical Support Engineer
Department: Operator Solutions
Job Level: Junior Level
Working Schedule: Hybrid
Location: Amman- Jordan
Reports To: Technical Support Team Leader
Technical Support Engineer is responsible of cases’ follow up with Globitel customers, this includes both the software related cases and those which are related to the environment (OS, DBMS, HW, .). Technical Support Engineer has also to implement Globitel’s products locally and overseas, get the acceptance for the installation, conduct training, monitor the system after the soft and commercial launch, and deeply analyze the system in order to extract weakness points, report them, and fix them.
- Handling customer tickets, deeply analyze them in coordination with other company departments.
- Projects implementation locally and overseas.
- Installation, configuration and management of operating systems, Windows and Linux.
- Installation, configuration and management of data base management systems, MySQL, MS SQL and oracle.
- Installation, Configuration and management of company in-house developed software.
- Develop scripts meeting operational and functional tasks.
- Analyze network packets for different protocols, SS7, SIP, SCTP, and configure integration points based on the findings.
- If the customer request is an Enhancement- change request, then the case shall be forwarded based on change request process.
- To escalate non resolved issues to team leader for a proper action Follow Technical support procedures using internal tools and systems for tickets tracking or documentation.
- To Handle Hotline duty based on the principles and rules covered by On-Call policy.
- To Conduct ATP for Globitel products.
- To create Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and send them to the customer after resolving cases.
- Bachelor degree in computer engineering, Network Engineering, or electrical Engineering.
- Fresh graduates, or max 2 years of related field experience.
- Good level of knowledge in Linux administration and networking.
- Good level of knowledge in databases and their management.
- Familiar with scripting and command line interfaces.
- Excellent communication skills.
- English proficiency is a must.
Apply here or you can send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Technical Support Engineer – OS”.